Despite spending extended time in WWE, one legendary performer plans to end his career in the promotion’s main rival, All Elite Wrestling.
Under the WWE banner, Adam “Edge” Copeland cemented himself as an 11-time world champion and Hall of Famer, with 2011 initially thought to be his final year as an in-ring competitor due to serious spinal trauma. In 2020, however, “The Rated R Superstar” returned to the ring and mounted a miraculous comeback. He’d spent another three years with WWE before relocating to AEW, where he’s worked ever since.
Copeland, 52, recently confirmed his plans to wrap up his wrestling career in AEW. When exactly he will mark his official retirement match in the Tony Khan-led company remains unclear.
“[AEW], that’s where I want to retire,” Copeland told “The Ariel Helwani Show.” “I know that may disappoint a lot of people, but I really, really love it there. I love the company. I love the attitude. I love the exuberance. I love the drive. I love the excitement that I see from the locker room. Yeah, I don’t want to go anywhere else. I’m good. I did everything I could do there [in WWE] and then some. And again, I think they got everything out of me and then some that they could have…for the better, which is really all you can ask for in a relationship, or a partnership.”

Copeland’s last WWE match pitted him against fellow former WWE Champion Sheamus on Friday Night SmackDown in August 2023. Less than two months later, he made his AEW debut at the WrestleDream pay-per-view event in Seattle, Washington.
In the present day, Copeland has reunited with his long-time friend, Christian Cage, with whom he holds the AEW World Tag Team Championships. At AEW All In on August 30, the Canada natives will defend the titles in what many wrestling fans view as a dream match against The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson).
from Men's Journal https://ift.tt/dDfBUzC
via IFTTT