Why John Cena Doesn't Believe in Diet 'Cheat Days'

Sport & Fitness Center Improve Your Physical Fitness .
0

WWE star John Cena has to take his health pretty seriously for his career in the ring. When it comes to the ever-popular idea of cheat days, the Ricky Stanicky actor insists on looking at food from a different perspective. 

Cena explained his beliefs in a March 12 appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show. When asked what his favorite cheat meal was, he claimed that the concept needs to be reframed. 

"This is vernacular that has made its way into our vocabulary that everybody uses," he explained. "I just don't look at it like that. Because, let's say if you're in a relationship that values monogamy, do you then say, 'What is my favorite cheat day?' No, you don't."

He went on to break down his analogy between food and romantic partnership styles. 

"The reason I bring up the 'Hey, what's my cheat day?' [idea] in a monogamous relationship is because it makes no sense," he said. "You should be accountable for your choices. So when someone asks me, 'Hey, what's your favorite cheat meal?' I turn to them [and] I'm like 'Yo, I just don't look at life like that.'"

But if you think Cena sticks to just eating salads and drinking smoothies, think again. While he leaves himself open to indulging every now and then, he refers to them as foods that are "high in calories" and "bad for you" rather than treats or cheat meals. 

"I love pizza. I love ice cream. Man, I love all baked goods. If you put a stack of pancakes in front of me, it is gone," he admitted. As for one of his biggest weaknesses? "A fresh big blueberry muffin."

In a world of changing health goalposts, the wrestling champ might be on to something. 



from Men's Journal https://ift.tt/YgHZO0r
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)